. Mardi Robyn: Through Jesus I Have the Victory Mardi Robyn: Through Jesus I Have the Victory

Monday, March 14, 2016

Through Jesus I Have the Victory

Well it happened again....tonight I had a seizure. First one in a couple of months. I am drained from it, and disappointed.  I thought no, I was hoping they were gone for good since it had been a while since I had one.  

I don't know what triggers a seizure in other people, but for me with a brain injury, certain smells can trigger a seizure, like tonight.   I used Hartz Flea and Tick Control Spray on my dog Bama. I sprayed his kennel to kill any fleas or flea eggs that might have been nesting around the kennel floor.  Then I moved his kennel and swept in the corner where his kennel goes.  Another mistake on my part. The fumes became to much and triggered a seizure.  It didn't last a long time like others have. It wasn't as intense as others I have had, but still annoying, and disappointing, but I already said that.

I do not understand why these things still linger.  No matter what lies the devil is trying to fill my mind full of tonight, I choose to believe that God is with me. Greater is He that is in me than he that is in the world.  The devil is a liar.  The devil comes to steal, kill and destroy, but Jesus came that I may have life and have it more abundantly.  Jesus came that I may have joy and be happy, not suffer with brain injury symptoms.  

So maybe there are still bumps along the way. Yes, I did have a seizure tonight, but that is one in two months, maybe close to three.  I am getting better.  My strength is in Jesus. My faith will not waver.  I will hold Jesus hand.    The seizure didn't defeat me, I got through it.  Through Jesus I have the victory.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry to hear about that. :-( But I am glad to see that you have a good attitude, and that you aren't giving up! It may be a long, hard road, but you will get better. And it helps to remember that even the bumps in the road are such that the Lord allows, and so you can trust in Him, as you are indeed doing. "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.'" (2 Corinthians 12:9)

    I pray everything goes well!

    ReplyDelete

♫ ♪ Feel free to comment! I enjoy interacting with the readers of my blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...